We hope you all had an amazing (and safe) Halloween. To kick off the month, we’ve compiled some of the top trends and viral topics you need to know this week.
Upcoming Holidays & Observances
1. Election Day – Nov. 3
2. Veterans Day – Nov. 11
3. National Philanthropy Day – Nov. 15
Trends You Should Know
1. Disney+ kicked off this recent weekend right with the new season of The Mandalorian dropping on Friday, Oct. 30. The new season, named “Chapter 9,” of course has the return of everyone’s favorite character, Baby Yoda. To celebrate the launch, the Star Wars show even teamed up with Twitter to replace their heart “like” icon with a mini Baby Yoda, when using the hashtag #TheMandalorian.
2. McRib lovers rejoice! The seasonal sandwich is coming back to menus in McDonalds locations across the U.S. on Wednesday, Dec. 2. This is the first time since 2012 that it is being rolled out nationally. And let’s not forget to check on the kind soul who manages the McDonald’s Twitter account.
3. From whipped coffee to Gigi Hadid’s spicy vodka sauce, TikTok has become a hub for the newest and most unique recipes on the internet. From now until Sunday, Nov. 22, Los Angeles residents won’t need to make these in their own kitchen. PostMates has teamed up with the social media platform to deliver popular creations with their new TikTok Treats menu. With just a click of a button, our LA friends can get pancake cereal, cloud bread, a bento box or whipped coffee dropped off right at their door. Lucky!
4. Have you ever wondered how smart your dog really is? Dog dental treat brand, Greenies, is here to help you figure that out. In their newest campaign, they employed a canine intelligence researcher (yes, that is an actual profession) to create an online test. It takes 15 minutes to do and you can find the necessary tools in your home. In addition, owners will get a discount off of their next Greenies purchase depending on how your dog scores – the lower the score, the higher the discount! How kind.
Have a great rest of your week and we’ll see you back on the blog next Monday!