Happy Monday, everyone, and welcome back to another edition of our trend report! While our brackets may be busted, this weekend was an incredible three days of March Madness college basketball. There were upsets galore, nail-biters and even a Cinderella story in the making with Oral Roberts University. We’ll be on the edge of our seats again today (after work, of course) for even more basketball action. Until then, read below for the trends that you need to know before headed into this week.
Upcoming Holidays & Observances
- Passover begins – March 27
- Palm Sunday – March 28
- Holi – March 29
- April Fools’ Day – April 1
- Easter Sunday – April 4
- NCAA Women’s Championship game – April 4
- NCAA Men’s Championship game – April 5
Trends You Should Know
- If you forgot that tax season is coming up, the IRS just gave you some extra time. For individuals, the deadline to file your federal income tax filing will be moved from Thursday, April 15 to Monday, May 17. Plenty of time to get all your documents together, send them to your accountant or purchase your TurboTax software!
- The COVID-19 vaccine already has some ideal benefits but a new one to add to the list comes in the form of sweet glazed donuts. Starting today, any customers who show their COVID vaccination card at their local Krispy Kreme will receive a free glazed donut. Not just for one visit, vaccinated individuals can come back any time within 2021 and get a free treat whenever – they just have to show their vaccine card (not sticker!) every time. That’s a pretty sweet price to pay to be vaccinated.
- Last week on the blog we talked about Chipotle and Elf’s makeup collaboration and it looks like ColourPop wants to up the ante. Knowing that we are all suckers for a bit of nostalgia, the brand looked to the 2000s and created a collaboration with Disney that is exactly what the queen herself, Lizzie McGuire, would use. Still under wraps what is specifically going to be sold (it’s not even on their website yet!), ColourPop teased via Instagram and Tik Tok a variety of bright blushes, sparkly eye shadows and shiny lip glosses. Be sure to keep an eye out and have your butterfly clips and snap bracelets ready for the launch!
- Little Caesars is trying to get its way into homes in Canada in a unique way. Knowing that most NHL fans will be watching the games from home, Little Caesars is allowing Canadians to sign a “naming rights contract” that gives them a deal on pizza every Wednesday night. On the fan end, all they have to do is name their hockey-watching space the “Little Caesars NHL Hockey Room” and hang a sign with the name. The campaign has steadily increased social media engagement as well as sales on Wednesdays. Would you rename your living room if it meant deals on pizza every week? I probably would.
We hope you have a great rest of your week and we’ll see you back on the blog next Monday!