Happy Monday, everyone, and hope you had a great weekend. Before we head into the trends you need to know for Earth Day and this week, we wanted to share some recent big Bulldog news. First, one of our media mavens, Melissa Smith, celebrated her two-year anniversary with Bolt. You can congratulate her here!
And we also welcomed a new team member into the family! Erinn Scheib joins us as a Digital Account Executive and we’re thrilled to have her social media expertise on the team. Welcome, Erinn!
Now that we got you up-to-date on all the latest Bolt updates, you’re ready to tackle the rest of your week.
Upcoming Holidays & Observances
- Earth Day – April 22
- National Administrative Professionals’ Day – April 22
- National ‘Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work’ Day – April 22
- Oscars – April 25
- National Pretzel Day – April 26
- Orthodox Easter – May 2
Trends You Should Know
- As of today, President Biden announced that adults around the country are now eligible for the coronavirus vaccine. This includes adults over the age of 16 in all 50 states, as well as Washington D.C. and Puerto Rico. To find an available appointment near you, look to your local hospitals, pharmacies like Walgreens and CVS, or just search “coronavirus vaccine” plus your city.
- Marvel understands that we’re craving new movies in 2021 and it’s here to help! Today they dropped a surprise teaser trailer for their new movie “Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings,” in theaters September 3. It was such a surprise that even the leading actor, Simu Liu, had no idea it was airing – he found out via Twitter!
- If you’re a soccer fan, let us know your thoughts on this: On Sunday, 12 of Europe’s leading football (I have to stay true to the name of the sport!) clubs announced their plans to form a “European Super League.” Clubs include big names like Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United, Real Madrid and more. While the plan was to unite the fanbases of some of the biggest clubs around the world, the European Super League was met with intense and immediate negative feedback.
- For people like myself who don’t really follow European football, Washington Post writer Steven Goff explained that the situation is like if “Duke, Kansas, UCLA and a dozen other pillars of college basketball decide they are tired of participating in the NCAA tournament with smaller programs.”
- Get your tea ready because “Downton Abbey 2” is in production! The period piece is set to release around Christmas on December 22 of this year. Original stars like Maggie Smith and Hugh Bonneville will be returning and new characters played by Hugh Dancy and Dominic West are planned to steal the screen.
- After the immense success of “The Travis Scott” and “J Balvin” meal, McDonald’s has paired up with another celebrity artist for their newest campaign. The brand will team up with K-pop band, BTS, for their newest meal set to launch on May 26. What do your favorite K-pop band artists eat? The meal features ten-piece McNuggets, a medium fry, a medium Coke and two dipping sauces, sweet chili and Cajun – the first time these sauces will be featured in the U.S.!
We hope you have a great rest of your week and we’ll see you back on the blog next Monday!