Happy Tuesday, everyone, and happy April! We hope you all had a wonderful Passover and Easter weekend, if you celebrate, and are ready to take on the new month.
There’s a lot to talk through this week so let’s hit the ground running with the trends and news you need to know!
Upcoming Holidays & Observances
- National Pet Day – April 11
- Beginning of Ramadan – April 13
- Earth Day – April 22
Trends You Should Know
- First, congratulations to the Stanford women’s basketball team on pushing through a tough game to win the NCAA women’s national tournament! This is the first time since 1992 that Stanford has won the title.
- And, congratulations to the Baylor men’s basketball team on beating undefeated Gonzaga in the NCAA men’s national tournament last night. This is the first time that the Baylor Bears men’s team has won the championship!
- Hot off the press, Disney+ announced today that a new Marvel Studios original series will be launching on its platform Friday, June 11. The show will center around Loki (Thor’s brother) and digs into what happens after Loki steals the Tesseract in “Avengers: Endgame.”
- Last week SpaceX announced the final members of the team who will be orbiting Earth in September. The world’s first all-civilian team will be headed into space on the SpaceX Dragon spaceship and will orbit Earth for three days at an altitude of around 335 miles. The crew members include tech billionaire and chief executive of Shift4 Payments, Jared Isaacman; Hayley Arceneaux, a physician assistant at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital; analog astronaut Dr. Sian Proctor; and Air Force veteran Chris Sembroski.
- With COVID-19 vaccines becoming more and more available across the country, NBC is determined to get the word out about where people can get their shot through an hour-long special. Teaming up with Walgreens, “Roll Up Your Sleeves” on Sunday, April 18, will feature celebrities and health care professionals, performances, details on where to find the vaccine and an interview with Dr. Anthony Fauci. NBC and Walgreens hope to dispel any misinformation about the vaccine and ensure everyone has the ability to get their shot.
We hope you have a great rest of your week and we’ll see you back on the blog next Monday!