Welcome back to the blog and we hope you all had a wonderful weekend! This Sunday was Mother’s Day and coming from an agency lead by some powerful Moms, we had to take some time to express our gratitude! From always being there to take us to CVS to pick up poster board for a school assignment due the next day (I have a lot of experience doing this to Mama Byrne), knowing exactly where everything is in the house, being our number one cheerleader and advice-giver, Moms really do it all. If you haven’t yet, now may be a good time to thank them!
Now that we’ve shouted out all the amazing mothers in our lives, we’re ready to tackle the rest of the week.
Upcoming Holidays & Observances
- National Armed Forces Day – May 15
- National Do Something Good for your Neighbor Day – May 16
- Find inspiration from our very own client, Beverly Adams, right here
- Tax Day – May 17
- National Craft Distillery Day – May 22
- Did you know we have a client right here in Raleigh batching up blended craft bourbon?
- Memorial Day – May 31
Trends You Should Know
- If you had your eyes to the skies this weekend, you can breathe easy – the remains of the Chinese rocket crashed into the Indian Ocean. While the majority of the rocket was destroyed upon reentering the atmosphere, people around the world worried on Saturday where the last piece of the rocket would land. What seemed like a plot right out of a science fiction novel, thankfully, ended peacefully with no reports of injuries or damage.
- The hottest purchases for this summer may be something you have lying around in your closet or shed. Retail experts are tapping camping gear as the new pandemic shopping item, replacing 2020’s loungewear and standing desks. As more and more people are ready to head out for the warmer months, camping outdoors and safely in parks will be the go-to vacation this summer. Better head out to grab a sleeping bag and tent earlier rather than later!
- Take Princess Diaries, Italy and medieval law, combine them and you’ll end up with our next story about a bigger sixteenth birthday gift than anyone on “My Super Sweet 16” ever had! For her monumental birthday, instead of a car, Vittoria Cristina Chiara Adelaide Maria learned that she is poised to be the first woman in 1,000 years to lead a royal family. Her father Vittorio Emanuele di Savoia, the son of the last king of Italy, amended a medieval law so that his granddaughter could have the opportunity to lead the royal line. If you’re wondering if she has a shot, the answer is potentially: there isn’t a true “crown” to fight over and Italy is a republic. But it’s still an awesome birthday present and a big move in royal families.
- The Kentucky Derby may have to announce a new winner just one week after the race. Winner Medina Spirit failed a postrace drug test, testing positive for betamethasone, an anti-inflammatory used to relieve joint pain in horses. While it’s not fully banned in racing, Medina Spirit’s test came back with more than double the amount allowed. The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission is currently conducting an investigation and in the meantime, Churchill Downs, the venue for the Kentucky Derby, has already swiftly suspended Medina Spirit’s trainer Bob Baffert from entering any other horses at the track.
We hope you have a great rest of your week and we’ll see you back on the blog next Monday!