Is it just us, or does this Tuesday feel very “Monday!?” We hope you all had a blast celebrating Independence Day. We’re feeling refreshed from the long weekend and are ready to catch up on the latest summer trends, so let’s not waste any time and get into what you need to know for this week.
Upcoming Holidays & Observances
- National Video Game Day – July 8
- National Pina Colada Day – July 10
- World Emoji Day – July 17
Trends You Should Know
- Have you been tracking Elsa? Tropical Storm Elsa spent the holiday weekend journeying toward Florida’s peninsula and is expected to make landfall this afternoon. What started as the first hurricane of the season has, thankfully, weakened to tropical storm status but will still hit Southern Florida with heavy rains, damaging winds and the possibility of storm surge. We’re keeping an eye on the storm’s path and are hoping the best for our southern neighbors.
- On a lighter (and more romantic) note, a new café is launching in New York this month, and it’s all the buzz! The infamous dating app, Bumble, is opening the first Bumble Brew café and wine bar, which is said to be a safe space for relationships and connections. Since the pandemic, Bumble users are reported to be ready to date IRL (in real life) again, and this café may just be the perfect meeting spot!
- Game on! The NBA Finals start tonight. Will you be rooting for the Phoenix Suns or Milwaukee Bucks? Commentators are reporting that this is one of the most unexpected matchups in recent league history, making it difficult to predict an outcome. I guess we can only watch and see!
- Today is the day that Jeff Bezos steps down as Amazon CEO. The man who made it possible to fill a shopping cart and have it delivered within just hours is handing over his title to Andy Jassy, CEO of Amazon Web Services and a 24-year employee with the company. Although Bezos’ role will be less public, he will still have great influence on the company in his role heading the board.
We hope you have a great week, and we’ll see you back on the blog next week!