We’re excited to start the week with the celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month, which recognizes the culture, history and contributions of Hispanic Americans. We look forward to sharing more about this observance in an upcoming feature on the Bolt blog!
In other news, the weekend was buzzing with MTV VMA highlights and crowd roaring updates from NFL Week One. Let’s jump right into the latest trends and happenings!
Upcoming Holidays & Observances
- Start of National Hispanic Heritage Month – Sept. 15
- Working Parents Day – Sept. 16
- International Podcast Day – Sept. 30
Trends You Should Know
- National Hispanic Heritage Month kicks off this week on Sept. 15 and runs through Oct. 15. This is an annual celebration to recognize the history and culture of Hispanic and Latino Americans. The commemoration honors the contributions of the largest minority group in the U.S. and is a time to share history, heritage and accomplishments of Hispanic and Latino Americans. Hispanic Heritage Month started as a one-week celebration when it was introduced in 1968 by California Congressman George E. Brown, and in 1987, the observance was expanded to a 31-day period to properly observe and coordinate events to celebrate Hispanic culture. It’s important to acknowledge the contributions of Latino employees in the workplace, and we’re excited to share more of how businesses and individuals alike can celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month in an upcoming Bolt blog. Stay tuned!
- The MTV VMAs returned with head-turning red carpet fashion and live performances by some of the biggest names in the industry. Justin Bieber took home Artist of the Year, and Olivia Rodrigo won Best New Artist. MTV celebrated its 40th anniversary by mixing moments between early stars like Madonna and Cindi Lauper with performances by newer stars like Lil Nas X and Camila Cabello. The VMAs included the TikTok creators who drive trends and culture on the platform by inviting them to vote for their favorites in categories like Best Audio Mashup and Best Breakthrough Song exclusively on TikTok. Popular TikTok tracks were even in the running, which boosted user engagement as everyone flooded the app to vote.
- Football season is back, and the victories of Week One are in! The Bengals took the victory over the Vikings 27 to 24 in overtime, and the Packers faced some issues, losing to the Saints in a final score of 3 to 38. The Cardinals were deadly on offense, winning 38 to 13 against the Titans, and legendary coach Urban Meyer didn’t quite lead his team to victory with the Jaguars losing to the Texans, 21 to 27. With all the action on the field this weekend, it was actually a video of college football fans that went viral. A cat was filmed dangling from the upper deck of Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, and fans below used an American flag to catch its fall, causing the crowd to erupt in cheers.
Thanks for taking the time to catch up on the latest trends with us on the Bolt Blog! We’ll see you back here for more exciting news next Monday.