Happy Monday, everyone, welcome back to the blog and happy start of Ramadan. I don’t know about you, but here in North Carolina the weather is starting to look more and more like spring and we can’t complain. Here’s to hoping that sunshine, warmer temperatures and blossoming flowers are here to stay (for at least a bit)!
To make sure you get a chance to get outside, we’ve compiled all the trends you need to know for this week in one handy blog. Get to reading!
Upcoming Holidays & Observances
- Beginning of Ramadan – April 12
- National Gardening Day – April 14
- Earth Day – April 22
- National Administrative Professionals’ Day – April 22
- National ‘Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work’ Day – April 22
Trends You Should Know
- “Ramadan Mubarak” to all of our Muslim readers as we head into Ramadan this evening! This holy month is filled with fasting, spiritual reflection and prayer and holds great symbolism within the Muslim community. The festival relies heavily on the lunar schedule, with Ramadan beginning on first sight of the crescent Moon over Mecca and ending either on the 29th or 30th night depending on if the moon is visible. You can learn more about the celebration here.
- This weekend Hideki Matsuyama won the 85th Masters tournament out of Augusta, GA. Not only did he leave with the coveted green jacket, he also became the first Asian-born man to do so and the first Japanese man to win a major golf tournament! Matsuyama entered the final round with a four-shot lead and stayed strong throughout the day.
- The time has come! We mentioned this in a past blog and it’s finally here – Taylor Swift released her re-recorded version of her “Fearless” album. Within the first day of being available on streaming services, the album reached number one on the U.S. Apple Music Chart, Apple Music’s country chart, Spotify U.S. top music chart and had over 59 million streams on Spotify alone.
- When Dolly Parton gets behind a brand, you know it’s going to sell out! And that’s exactly what happened when the country star’s new collaboration with Jeni’s ice cream dropped on their site this weekend. The limited-edition flavor with pieces of strawberry pie and pretzels caused Jeni’s website to crash minutes before it even launched. Those who were able to grab a pint from the website or their local store were the lucky few. If you’re looking to try it yourself, it may be easier to just try to recreate it yourself – pints are being resold on eBay for as much as $1,000!
- Budweiser is trying to get the citizens of Utah out of their comfort zone and utter something that is frowned upon in the state: a cuss word. In a new promotion called “Swear, Sip and Ski” to become the official state beer of Utah, the beverage giant is hosting a sweepstakes where the winner gets a helicopter ride to the top of a mountain to “swear their hearts out” and a vacation to Snowbird, Utah. Would you try your hand at winning to yell at the top of a mountain?
We hope you have a great rest of your week and we’ll see you back on the blog next Monday!